In my opinion, though r4 ds is the oldest card, it is also the most classic card. use original wood kernel, very stable and the price is so cheap. Though this card cannot work on 3DS or DSI, but if you just has a ds or dsl, this card will be the best choice. One thing is the r4 ds just support 2G sd card, cannot support higher capacity.
- 2nd generation storage device (no booting tool required)
- Flush fitting slot 1 card
- Uses MicroSD card, FAT16 or 32
- Supports any MicroSD card speed with no lag in game
- Supports Clean ROM, drag and drop. Works on any OS
- Built in NoPass
- Automatically detect save type
- Save directly to MicroSD card, not to onboard chip
- Supports Moonshell and other homebrew. Open I/O interface
- User friendly skinnable interface. Touchscreen or button operation
- Supports rumble pak and memory pak
- Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser
- Supports changes of the background of Operation Interface
- Support Skin DIY by setting background and font colors on Main Menu and GameMenu manually and automatically
- Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment ( DS Lite only )
- Supports the Soft Reset.
- Supports Action Replay cheat
- Moonshell 1.71 support Software Reset function( Press START key back to the R4 menu)
Well, as the first flashcart in the market, r4 ds no doubt is worth to get!